In the movie of " Stuff ", Annie Leonard's debate " to those exploiting the planet's resourcesto make stuff",
that are considered more of a luxury and wants rather the things we need. Its amazing how the Goverment
exploids luxury's we dont need and when we see these luxury's they advertise in places like buses or television, let it be known that we have been brained-washed. It advertises that what we have is not good
enough and need to purchase the newest item being displayed because it will make us feel better. For example,I purchased an Apple I-Pod classic 1year ago, it came with 80 gigabytes, about 8 months later
Apple already had a newer version. basically it was the same I-Pod just with different features and they added 80 more gigabytes which it total became 160 gigabytes. More room for music and videos, Apple displaid it as the ultimate electronic a must have for christmas.So eventually they brain-washed me into
buying this device which when I came to my sences I realised that I did not need this because who has
5,000 songs and music videos that they like. It was a waste of $270 dollars, and with the old one I gave it away to my niece. When it comes to the Goverment's saying that it should be ( Of the people, By the people
and For the people) sounds more like lie's and brain-washed, it should be there to protect us and take and make better decisions. Annie Leonard, states that " President Eisenhower's Counsil of Economic Advisors
Chairman said that " The American economy's ultimate purpose is to provide more consumer goods".
When it comes to that phrase to me is( debatable) because we the buyer's demand better product's and always on the wait for that next big thing to hit the market. Its all about supply and demand, Example, I remember when Manhattan was a smaller Island acouple of decades ago,since it has been expanded and
new features have been added to it, more luxury buildings, bigger highways and the New York Transit system is on the works with creating a new path train that comes from New Jersey to NewYork. This is also investing in more pollution being created and toxins being released into the atmosphere which means the air we are breathing is harmful to us.Example, In the country of ( China ,) the air cuality is and has been polluted for years, China is the most populous country in the world. Accounting for 21% of the estimated world popullation which implies that the people there have high demand for "wants" China has the worlds best ( Super highways ) and with all those cars and buses out on roads releasing toxic fumes its running out of natural resources and eventually it will be impossible to live there, to me slowy the world looks to be headed
into being a( waste land) Too much natual resources are being consumed for our luxury's.In other places in the world people live without luxuries and live life o.k., In conclusion I agree and dis-agree that the ultimate
purpose of the American economy is too supply us with bigger and better things, also at the same time it hurts me to know that we are creating a problem with pollution and toxins that are destroying the planet and our natural resoures likes tree's and water's are being polluted.
No comments:
Post a Comment