In a reading extracted from Timothy Sexton, " The Dangers of Reality TV". It states that Reality TV
is sending the wrong message to there young fans that image and competition are valued more than
education. I agree with Timothy Sexton that education and someone who is qualified for the job should
be valued more than someone who has character and is amuzing.
Reality TV from my pesrpective do what they do is because the have an obligation to compete with
other shows and eventually aquire better ratings than the competition. This means by any means
necessary. For examplethere are two Reality T.v. shows on MTV, Lala's Full Court Live and The
Jersey Shore. In Lala's Full Court, she shops around the city with friends and discusess there relationships
about married life.Not to exciting, meanwhile The Jersey Shore cast members are followed around while
they party,get drunk and start some type of dilema.
From my experience, I remember going out to a night club called The Castle, with 5 of my friends.
So when we got there we began to drink as if we were in the desert and water was a all you can
drink. One of my friends started dancing with some guy's girlfriend and the other man was not to
please seeing my friend to close to his girlfriend, so he kept dancing and touching her eventually
the guy said hey you are drunk and dont want you next to my girl.My friend say hell no, I will dance
with her all night and thats when the fight started and it was a mess and we ended getting kick out.
It also states that someone that can amuse us like a actor or comedian for example, David Chappelle,
will get or win a competiton because he can amuse us and the other person who is cualified for the job
and is educated and has a college degree will be left out. There is a saying that peoploe say,its not what
you know,but who you know.
Example, It seems like these days one must be funny or talented in anyway to get where you want to be
in life.So it also seems that education will take a back seat because its not what the people want. I know
someone who got hired because he was so great in the interview when he went to applied fo the job.He was confident, funny and very outspoken.Meanwhile I, the one with a 2 year college degree was left out in the
cold because I was able to what my friend did. So It seems that competition between my friend and I, he got
the job because he convince the interview.
In conclusion, I Agree with Timothy Sexton, that Reality T.V. is sending out the wrong message.
Education is the key to success that opens many doors.It should not ne about competition but about
the reality it takes takes to become successful and the hardwork we out in each day trying to be were
we want to be in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment