In an article excerted from Nicholas Balakar, " Imitation Of Film: Here's Smoking at you, kid. There was a
survey from a November issue of Pediatrics reports that adolescents raging from an age of 10 threw 14 have watched and copied what they saw on t.v. like smoking cigarettes and watching " R" rated movies.Also
Dr. Sargeant quotes " possibility that smoking began before the children saw these movies.When it came down to finding evidence, the truth is that adolescents imitated what they saw.
Its not shocking that young adolescents imitate what they see from
actors on t.v. like smoking cigarettes.Example, When I was a child I remember being 13 years old and ploting with my friends how to stop a stranger on the streets and asking if he or she could spare a cigarette.
And we would eventually get it. my friends and I just wanted to experience the results witch ended in some of us getting sick and throwing up.
To me it's not a surprise that young children do the darnest things and even sometimes imitate what they see.For example, I know that young children should not be watching " R" movies Beacause there will be a scene were someone will be naked or someone fornicating.For me, it was a thrill seeing woman undressing and having sex. And as a child I wanted to experience how it felt doing those things I saw from the actors.
In Conclusion , I say that young adolescents begin to experiment with cigarettes
even before they actually see actors on t.v. and there's a great chance they saw someone doing these and when it comes to watching "R" rated movies, children experiment with there own friends and kids there age because they saw it on t.v. or there friends want to see how its feels to do these things.
Think your Thesis was clear and easy to understand. However, I felt you could have elaborated on your summary and the author’s ideas.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your evidence was very detailed and concrete, it was simple, yet I felt you really connected your ideas. As a whole, your essay was good and easy to read. Keep up the good work.